Sunday, June 22, 2014

Castle Project Update #2

This week's line-up is rapidly becoming overwhelming, but let's not think about that for now.  Instead, meet the baby troll.  I feel as though I have met the first real hurdle in the Castle Project, and compared to what is sure to come further on down the line, I am sure this hurdle is quite small.  It FEELS huge though, and thus I have dubbed it the "BABY TROLL".

This Baby Troll's name is "Feasibility Study" - and I must overcome the Troll.  Last Friday I received the first proposal back from a prospective architect naming a price for doing a feasibility study.

A feasibility study is where the architect basically takes the whole of an idea and maps it out on paper such that it can be presented to a general contractor for bidding.

Dang. Babies are expensive. "Feasibility Study the Baby Troll" is a $15,295 baby troll!

I am sure you can imagine that, like most people, I don't have $15,000 chillaxing in my Smaug-like vaults.  This means, of course, that real hurdle numero uno is how to fund-raise fifteen large (selling wee ones to the goblin king is RIGHT out!).

So this weekend I set my mind to brainstorming (and I must thank my friends Robert P. (Silver Tide Jewelry) & Kathleen H. (Stained Glass Butterfly) for their insight and suggestions).  The idea, (and perhaps I am partial but I think it is a winner): The Etsy Coupon Book.

The Etsy Coupon Book is intended to be a digital booklet of check-out Coupons that can be redeemed with Etsy sellers in their online stores.  The coupon books will be available for purchase and the proceeds will go to the surmounting the cost of "Feasibility the Baby Troll".

Which means I'll be writing up the program tonight/tomorrow to poke potential etsyians with.  Which brings us back around to the beginning of this post...this week's line-up is rapidly becoming overwhelming!

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great idea, and I appreciate knowing the process you go through. Even if I don't start my own castle, the steps you take are applicable to other things. And, since I do support your castle project, I definitely want to know how it's going! (And thanks for the shout-out!)

    ReplyDelete